Please read below for a graduation update from Mr. Ginter – be sure to visit the link and fill out the survey!
April 19, 2021
Dear Seniors and Families,
We are excited to have an in-person graduation this year and look forward to seeing you at the ceremony June 3, 2021 at 5:30 PM on Rio Americano’s campus. We hope to make this a memorable event, during a time none of us will soon forget. While there will be guidelineswe need to follow, we hope to provide you with as normal a ceremony as possible.
The guidelines for the ceremony will be as follows:
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times. If you provide a doctor’s note to the site before the ceremony, you will not be required to wear a mask.
- If a mask is not worn with doctor’s permission, the attendee must wear a face shield. Again, the only exception to this would be another doctor’s note.
- All attendees must do a self-screening for COVID-19 before entering the graduation ceremony. Instructions will be posted atthe ceremony and are in another attachment to this letter and email.
- All attendees must be from the State of California and be prepared to check in with an ID before entering the ceremony.Wrist bands will be given to signify you may enter the ceremony. At this time, each student will be allowed 2 guests and wewill be asking for a third guest name in case we are able to accommodate the third guest.
- All attendees will be assigned a seat from the school site. Guests will have an area assigned to them with two or three seats,depending on guest limits, and those areas will be assigned randomly. For quests who will be unable to attend because ofspace limits, we will be live streaming the event. The link will follow.
- Yelling from attendees is not permitted. Continual yelling or noise from a group may result in their removal from theceremony.
- All attendees will enter and exit the ceremony different ways. We will direct you at the end of the ceremony. Each row or family pod will leave with guidance from site staff.
- Once the ceremony is over, all attendees will be expected to leave the site in an orderly manner and not linger on thecampus for any reason. Unfortunately, picture taking and extended conversations are not permitted.
- If at all possible, families and graduates should come in the same vehicle to ensure enough parking at the site.
Carpooling with cohorted students is also acceptable.
Seniors will be asked to complete a Google form with information we need for graduation to run smoothly. If your senior does not fill out this form, they will be prohibited from attending graduation along with any guests they may have wanted to bring. If seniors have not filled out the google form by Friday, May 7, 2021, the site will be reaching out to them and families for the information we need. Please click the link (https://forms.gle/Pxiy3taH9TissWkcA) to fill out the Google form.
We truly hope you have the best experience possible this graduation season. If you should have any questions, please email my assistant, Bonnie Bjorgum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian T. Ginter PrincipalRAHS